How to procure accidental death certificate

Name should not be empty

 If the death occurs due to accident, suicide, killing by animal or machinery etc. as delineated under Section 174 of Code of Criminal Procedure 1973, an inquest ought to be conducted under the same section by an Executive Magistrate upon the information received from officer in charge of a police station or some other police officer empowered by the State Government in that behalf. 

Due to absence of any inquest and swift action by the relatives, the records maintained by the local municipal corportation will record the deceased as unknown. If this happens, one can apply for copy of the report under Right To Information Act.  Alternatively, one should get in touch with senior police officers for issuing directions to the concerned  police station.

What's your reaction?
Helpful - 1
Not helpful - 6
Need more detail - 0
Name should not be empty