Dr. Malati Das

Former IAS Officer & Chief Secretary
Planning & Statistics

Dr Malati Das has worked as an IAS officer in the state of Karnataka. She retired as Chief Secretary. As Additional Chief Secretary, Planning and Statistics, she developed the conceptual framework, and managed the preparation of the Karnataka Human Development Report 2005. As Secretary, Women and Child Development, she developed a gender action plan for the state known as the Karnataka Women's Development Plan. Dr. Das has worked with the World Bank as a consultant in Ethiopia, Visiting Professor at the National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS) Bangalore, and currently she is an advisor with Janaagraha

Dr. S.T. Ramesh

Former DG & IG, Karnataka

Dr S.T. Ramesh worked as an IPS officer in the state of Karnataka. He retired as the DGP of Karnataka in 2011. He was the Central Intelligence Office, Intelligence Bureau, Bangalore, Deputy IG CID, & IG Police Computer Wing & State Crime Record Bureau, where he digitized the crime record of Karnataka. He represented India for various overseas programs related to police & security, including the Atlanta Olympics, 1996. He has also received various accolades viz. the President's Police Medal for Meritorious Service – Independence Day 1995, President's Police Medal for Distinguished Service – Independence Day 2007
  • 3 months ago

Hi,I am looking to file a complaint against an official in the Home Department of Uttar Pradesh. Could you guide me as to under which area of government does it fall?Thanks.

Posted on January 24, 2017 by Akhil Saxena

The jurisdiction of Home department can vary slightly from state to state. Generally, the police, prison, Fire services, home guards and Sainik welfare are the departments which fall under the purview of Home department. Department of prosecution is put under Home in some states.  

  • 3 months ago

I'm from Himachal Pradesh, recently Himachal was awarded Rs650 Crores under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna. In a certain district of Himachal Pradesh there is a nexus between a leading contractor and HPPWD hence alomst 6-10 contracts were unfairly awarded through pooling process and malpractices. This has caused exchequer a loss of more than 15cr (Because of the rates at which contracts are awarded). I have all the facts and figure handy and intact but I don't know whom to approach.

Posted on January 17, 2017 by Umesh Sharma

You may like to submit a complaint along with documentary and electronic evidence if any to the following authorities:

1) PMGSY- Grievance redressal :

2) The State Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau website:

The officer to approach is:

Shri SB Negi,

Addl. Director General,

State Vigilance and Anti Corruption Bureau,

6th Floor, Police Complex Khalini, Shimla-171002,

Himachal Pradesh.

Phone: 0177-2623048

Email : adg-acb-hp@


3) The CBI office in  Shimla , situated in the  Railway Board Building, The Mall, Shimla-171003 (Himachal Pradesh) Ph: 0177-2654110

  • 4 months ago

I am carrying out some research into corruption in India at the University of Birmingham, UK. My work would really benefit from data on volume of IPAB bribe reports over time, is there any way I can get access to this time series data? Thanks

Posted on January 11, 2017 by Lucy Heslop

Please write to us at with a Cover Letter, we will provide the information as required


  • 4 months ago

If principal of a Industrial Training Institute in state of Bihar, asks bribe from new recruit, whom should i report ?

Posted on December 29, 2016 by Uday kumar verma

Please approach the following officers for redress:


Sanjay Kumar Singh, IAS, Director, Employment & Training, Patna, Bihar (address).

Tel: (0612)-2535142. E-Mail:


Honorable Justice Mihir Kumar Jha

4, Kautilya Marg, Bailey Road, Patna-800001, Bihar
Ph : 0216-2215236,   Fax : 0612-2204844,   E-mail :

  • 4 months ago

Respected Sir, I had applied to YEIDA(Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority.) residential plot scheme RPS 03/2016, a year before. My Form Serial No: i5-600036. Now they are not refunding my Earnest money. They are playing around, Bank officer say contact YEIDA, and YEIDA officer say contact Bank. I shall be obliged to you sir for helping me out in getting my money back. With Best Regards Mohammed Minhajuddin 00966509734217

Posted on December 22, 2016 by Mohammed Minhajuddin

  YEIDA has an online grievance page, where you can report your grievance:

 YEIDA is under several departments, and the concerned officials can be contacted at :-

You can also submit a complaint to the Lokayukta, Uttar Pradesh,Justice Sanjay Mishra, email : or contact the Lokayukta at the following address:

Lok Ayukta, Uttar Pradesh, TC-46/V-1, Vibhuti Khand, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow. Phone : 0522-2305086, 0522-2306160 FAX : 0522-2306647e-mail:    


  • 5 months ago

Dear Sir,i bike was got tow & taken chouwki , i have bike license,papers, insurance, but cant find find PUC . officer told me to pay rs.500 fine (300 for towing ,200 for not to produce doc at time tow ) if i dont have my PUC then what should i do

Posted on December 09, 2016 by Pravin murari bhabal

The charges as prescribed by MOTOR VEHICLES ACT as per SEC 15(2),R/W SEC177 for Wrong Parking + Towing charges(2Wheeler) is 750, so if he took 500 ; he is justified.

  • 5 months ago

A corrupt police officer has implicated me and my father in a serious case . Even , I was not present at the place of incident . ( I have sufficient proof to show my alibi ). He also managed local doctor and took a false firearm injury report from him . The informant actually suffered no such injury. I am preparing for UPSC . My career and future is at stake . My father is a 60 yrs old man . He was behind the bars without any guilt . What should we do ?

Posted on December 06, 2016 by Raj Prashar

Your question does not have details. Depending on where this incident has occurred , please meet a very senior police officer under whom the case comes directly and in whom you have confidence  and give a detailed representation. In the alternative you may also approach a senior officer from the vigilance/ anti corruption agency/Lok Ayukta and provide a representation. You also have the choice to try both the options simultaneously in order to be sure that at least one of the agencies acts on your complaint.

  • 5 months ago

I recently changed my electricity connection (BESCOM Supply) from COMMERCIAL to DOMESTIC.We have paid all the due charges and even paid an amount of INR 5,500 without any receipt givenFollowing payment of INR 5,500, now the "Sub Contractor" is demanding additional INR 3,200 as additional amount for the consumed electricity as "Arrears" due to "HIGH CONSUMPTION". Owing to this, our electricity meter has still not been converted to DOMESTIC

Posted on December 05, 2016 by Yash Ponnanna

A BESCOM’s form for transfer of electrical connections (which you must have submitted to BESCOM) contains very important information viz outstanding arrears must be cleared, the consumer must pay the costs of installation, the consumer must also pay security deposit, fixed charges and advance as fixed by BESCOM.  Payment is made to BESCOM. The sub-contractor cannot demand any money as arrears. BESCOM alone can do so after raising a bill. Please complain to your local BESCOM office about the sub- contractor’s unauthorized demands.

  • 5 months ago

Hi Sir/Madam,I am a software engineer working in Bangalore. I have a long write-up with the events happened since day-1 which i made by including all the police officers who are creating the false cases against me . But before disclosing in a public forum , i want to get an expert advice on that though we are innocent , allegating police has big repercussion ? and they can do what ever they want ? My advocate and well-wishers are literally threatning me :(Regards.,Saravanan.M

Posted on December 02, 2016 by Saravanan Mohandass

Request you to please write to or

Logo lawfarm

  • 5 months ago

Sir/Madam.I want to do the land registration in Hosur,Tamil nadu. My builder provided details on the stamp paper and registration cost in Demand Draft in favor of sub registrar Hosur. However there is an additional cost which is around 25K in cash, which he mentions to be the cost of legal,document writing and other expenses. Since it is in cash it could be a bribe ?I am worried if this is any legal, should the amount be 25K for the expenses he mentions , Please help I don't want to bribe

Posted on December 02, 2016 by Gagandeep singh

Ask the builder to provide the breakup of the additional amount of Rs 25000 that he claims as other expenses. If you are satisfied with his reply then you can consider the next step but do not pay in cash. Builders often collect bribes in this manner and your apprehensions may have a sound foundation. First acquaint yourself with the procedures and learn about guideline value and the stamp duty payable thereon. You will find the information at the Government of Tamil Nadu’s website The website contains information about guideline value and the stamp duty and registration fees.  Apparently counters have been opened in Sub Registrar’s offices to reply to such queries.