How to get a passport renewed in Bangalore
Get your questions answered by the experts at I Paid a Bribe
Indian passports are issued to citizens of India and act as proof of Indian nationality. It is useful in providing address and identification proof for many other documents and certificates. If you have plans of studying abroad and appearing for GRE exam, holding a valid Passport is a must.
After the given validity period for a passport it is important that one gets their passport renewed else they will not be allowed to travel to any place outside of the country.
Criteria: Citizen of India.
Online/ Walk in Applicant: Passport Seva
- Register online (one can also go to the Passport Seva Kendra and fill in the form there)
- Download and fill e-form
- You might need to attach the PP Form ( used for Police Verification Report). This is a part of Application Form No. 1. This can be filled up separately if required by the Passport Office for reverification. In case an applicant has resided at more than one place in last one year, an additional set of PP form for each address/ place has to be filled up.
- Upload e-form with supporting documents (can submit a hard copy at Passport Seva Kendra)
- Schedule an Appointment and take printouts of receipt.
- Got to the Passport Seva Kendra and collect a token.
- If an appointment has already been scheduled, a different token will be issued. Submit the token slip, filled form and supporting documents and pay the required fee.
- Collect the acknowledgment slip and got to the verification and granting counter.
Post process steps:
- Time taken for a Tatkaal Passport: 7 to 14 days
- Time taken for Normal Passport: 30 to 45 days
- Old Passport in original.
- Self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages, including ECR/Non-ECR page (previously ECNR).
The page of observation (if any) made by Passport Issuing Authority and validity extension page, if any, in respect of short validity passport.
Department /Organisation: Ministry of External Affairs
Location: Passport Office, Koramangala , 80 feet road, Bangalore.
Website : http://www.passportofficebangalore.com
- Fill forms in capital letters with black or blue ball point pen.
- Without touching boundaries fill in the form.
- Try to fill up the form within given spaces.
- Overwriting should be strictly avoided.
Fee structure (Rates are approximate and subject to change )
- Online/Walk-in renewal of 36 page passport fee:
Normal: Rs 1000
Tatkaal: Rs 2500
- Online renewal of 60 page passport fee:
Normal: Rs 1500
Tatkaal: Rs 3000
Websites: Passport Seva Project
Downloads: FORM NO 1: Application for re-issue /new/lost and damaged passport
FORM 2 : Miscellaneous Services :
Helplines : 1800-258-1800
The procedure is the same across India