Transfer of ownership of a vehicle

Name should not be empty

You can transfer ownership of a vehicle using the following:

  • Form no CMV 29 in duplicate.
  • Form no. CMV 30. If vehicle is covered under Hypothecation/HPA/Lease form CMV 30 shall be produced in duplicate with the consent of financier.
  • Registration Certificate, valid insurance, emission Certificate, Fitness certificate in case of transport vehicle, Tax card with up-to-date tax paid proof. 
  • Address proof in original as per rule 4 of CMV rules. .
  • In case of LMVs and transport vehicles PAN card is needed. If there is no PAN number, form no 61 in case of agriculturists and form no. 60 in case of others is to be used.
  • Three passport size photographs of the transferee.


What's your reaction?
Helpful - 82
Not helpful - 17
Need more detail - 0
Name should not be empty