How to apply for a Ration Card
Get your questions answered by the experts at I Paid a Bribe
You can apply in two ways:
1) You can go to their office directly along with the documents mentioned above and apply for a ration card. They will give you Form D1 to fill. The following is the address of their office:
Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department
No 8, Marketing Federation Building
Bangalore – 560 052
For any further details you can dial-1800 425 9339
2) Alternatively, you can follow the procedure given below:
- Please send applicant’s name in full as SMS to 9212357123 (example: Karthik M Patil). In your SMS the applicant’s name should be complete without any spelling errors, as you will not be allowed to make any changes.
- As soon as you SMS the applicant’s name, your mobile will receive an Entry /token number and a security code.
- Use this token number and the security code to open your online ration card application at the Photo Bio center (urban areas) in the presence of a valid Ration card holder as your introducer. Click on the following link to view the list of Photo Bio centers: http://188.8.131.52/rconline/rpt_photoCenters_Division.aspx
- Fill in all your required family information in the online application without any errors.
- Upload your family members’ photographs and biometrics.
- It is mandatory to carry your recent electricity bill, a photo ID proof and address proof original documents to the photo center. All these three documents should be scanned and uploaded online at the photo center without fail.
- It is also mandatory to introduce you as an applicant by any known valid ration card holder of your taluk. Hence, you have to be accompanied by a known valid card holder of your area as your INTRODUCER to the photo center, while uploading your family members’ bio photo details. The introducer should carry his original Ration card and his resent electricity bill with him.
- After the complete filling of your online application, get a “self-declaration” downloaded and printed at the photo-bio center. Self-declaration should be jointly signed by the applicant and the photo-bio center login person. Scan this signed declaration and upload online.
- The rate fixed for online submission of application, photographs and finger print biometrics of family members in the Photo-bio center is Rs 50/- only.
Documents required to apply for a Ration Card:
The following documents are required in order to apply for a Ration Card:
- Three passport-sized photographs of the applicant
- Proof of residence: Copy of any of the following documents showing the residence address of the applicant
- Identity card issued by the Government or by Public Sector Undertakings
- Latest telephone bill on the name of the applicant
- Recent mail received by the applicant
- Latest LPG receipt on the name of the applicant
- Valid driving license
- Valid Passport
- Voter Identity card
- Latest tax paid receipt, if living in own house
- Extract of the Electoral Roll
- Latest rent-paid receipt, if living in a rented house, clearly indicating the name and complete postal address of the owner
- Any other documents that may prove the applicant's residence