• Bribe Fighter
  • 6 years ago

Refused to pay bribe for not having PUC with the car

Reported on January 5, 2018 from Dharwad , Karnataka  ι Report #175020

We were driving from Hyderabad to Goa a on Dec 29th 2017. 15-20 minutes after crossing Dharwad, we were stopped by traffic police and they asked for the documents. I showed them all except the PUC that i was not caring with me since car was just one and half year old. Officer tried that we pay then and there but we said we'll take the receipt of the same, then he said that PUC related settlements can be done at the court only and kept the car RC and said that you can pay the fine tomorrow at the court and the take the RC back.

With this, i also have few questions if you can answer:
1. How can i get the RC back now and pay the fine? can it be done online?
2. Will the court issue a notice with the date on which I'll have to appear in the court? Or can i just go at anytime and pay the fine?
3. Can a lawyer represent me in the court and pay the fine so i don't have to be present physically?

What is your reaction after reading this report?